Adding Ping.fm to Twhirl: A How-To
It looks like a few people are having trouble figuring out how to use the newly added ping.fm support on the latest version of Twhirl (twhirl.org). It would make sense to find a place to add your ping.fm account in the Account Manager, but that’s not how it’s set up.
To set your Twitter entries to automatically “ping” to your other social networking sites (Brightkite, Plurk, Facebook, etc.) follow these quick and easy steps.
1. Login to your Twitter account on Twhirl.
2. Open the Configuration for your account.
3. Click the Key to find out what your Ping.fm Desktop / Web Key is.
4. Login to Ping.fm if you aren’t already logged in and copy your Desktop / Web Key.
5. Paste the key into the field in Twhirl.
6. Save and you’re all set.
My favorite part is that the code is smart enough to tell Ping.fm not to post your tweet back to Twitter again, so there’s only one copy of your Twhirl post across the board.